Here is a list and a brief abstract of my lecturesa
and workshops. They can be customized to fit the specific needs
of your group.
programs are PowerPoint ready, with handouts and a one hour
or more timeframe. Other topics may be developed. Lectures
can be given in English, Spanish or Hebrew.
Click on the name of the lecture to see more information about it
General & Personal
- Find relative with MyHeritage DNA Matching
- PedigreeMap - an Interactive Map of Your Family History *
- Genealogy on the go - MyHeritage mobile app
- Discovering Your Family History with MyHeritage unique technologies
- Planting a Family Tree Online on MyHeritage.com *
- Find Relative Without Searching With MyHeritage Smart Matching, Record Matching & Instant Discoveries Technologies
- Find Relative in one Click With MyHeritage SuperSearch Engine *
- Getting the most out of MyHeritage
- Family Tree Builder, FREE Software to Manage Your Genealogy (Basic) *
- Family Tree Builder, What's New (Advanced) *
- Technology and Museums - A Success Story to Retrieve Information
Management & Societies
- How we Share and Preserve Memories on a Digital Era
- Mobile Technology for Genealogy
- Basic Steps for Genealogy Research – How can I Start my Family Tree
- Importance of Newspapers for family research
- How I Met my Singers, a success example of genealogy research
- Plan Your Roots Trip to Eastern Europe Effectively
- Prepare for a Cemetery (search photo and index) Trip
- How to access burial data in Israel from your Couch
- Research Israel Genealogical Resources from your Couch *
- Research Jewish Genealogical Resources on the Internet
- Research Latin America Genealogical Resources from your Couch
- The Jews who left Spain and their genealogy
- Conducting Webinars - How to broadcast lectures to and from your society
- Crowdsourcing when the power of many benefits all
- Make your database searchable *
- How to get kids involved in family history
- How to do the Genealogy Roots School Project
- Get the Most of your Society’s Website, Marketing and PR Activities
* These lectures can be given also as a 2 hour hands-on workshops.
Enhanced Smart Matches and Social Networking Technologies
Enhanced SmartMatches boost collaboration between MyHeritage.com members with the power of better management and community communication: sorting matches by quality; confirm, reject or delete them alone or consolidated, link them to other family sites, generate discussions, enjoy consensus analysis, compare trees or individuals, in a detailed page were facts, sources, relatives and multimedia files will be shown with the ability to merge information into the tree.
Mobile Technology for Genealogy
FamilyConnect, a one click photo sharing iPhone App designed especially for families is ideal for events, with built-in face recognition and automatic photo sharing with family members. Take a photo, run automatic face recognition and get family member as part of the suggested people to share with a simply tap. Bridge the generation gap and enhances MyHeritage.com as the perfect site for families to share, celebrate and preserve special moments.
Family Tree Builder, What's new (Advanced)
Family Tree Builder includes new unique features to help you control, edit, research and showcase your family tree: chart wizard with new format and designs, DNA markers record, consistency checker to find mistakes in your data, privacy tools for specific facts and people, association of media to sources, multiple addresses, find duplicates, married names for men, and much more.
Technology and Museums – A success story to retrieve information
A successful partnership between MyHeritage -a private, hi-tech
genealogy company- and Beit Hatfutsot -a non-profit organization-
succeed collecting thousands of names in family trees worldwide.
Learn about this success story, procedures, the goals achieved and
future plans. This project can be easily duplicated by others.
Research Genealogical Resources in Israel from your Couch
How to access genealogical online resources and databases available
in Israel to find relatives. Overcome the barrier of the language
with a basic lesson of Hebrew keywords and the translation tools
available to help everybody deal with the vast list of places were
you can find information of people that were born, lived or died
we share and preserve memories on a digital era
Learn the different options you have and the best way to digitally
collect, store, preserve, publish and share your research and material
gathered over years, to let young generations enjoy, contribute
and continue your work.
Find relative without searching with MyHeritage Technology
Smart Matching technology intelligently connects individuals from
millions of trees continuously, while helps genealogists to make
discoveries, collaborate and benefit from the work of their peers
all over the world. Smart Research, a genealogy innovating technology; research your family tree intelligently in +100 genealogy databases, to help people discover information all over the world.
Find relative in one click with Genealogy
Super Search Engine
MyHeritage Research allows users to cover effortlessly, in a single
search, +1500 genealogy databases and online repositories at once,
which cannot be searched by regular search engines like Google.
An advanced tool for online genealogical research.
a Family Tree online with MyHeritage.com
Introduction to the friendly and free online family tree website
MyHeritage.com. Build an online family tree, enter information,
navigate across the tree, generate charts and share the information
with family members in more than 36 languages.
Family Tree Builder (Basic / Intermediate)
Family Tree Builder, a popular, free software, well suited for
genealogy with full support in more than 36 languages. Learn how
to create trees, reports, publish and share research over the Internet
and the advanced technologies ONLY available in Family Tree Builder.
Children in Learning by Teaching Family History
for My Roots” project motivate students to identify
themselves with their origins by investigating their family’s
history; with dynamic and integrated mini-projects and interesting
research activities. This internationally awarded methodology provide
an excellent learning experience.
How to do the Genealogy Roots School
A guide for teachers, parents and children on the family root project
giving them suggestions of activities and presentation, examples
of subjects that need to be touched, methodology on how to accomplish
all the goals and making the family research a fun and success work.
Genealogical Resources in Latin
A review of available genealogical resources in Latin America (Jewish
or not): institutions, temples, burial societies, cemeteries, citizenship
records, immigration and computer databases that can be used online.
Make your database searchable
Create searchable databases for your website with Stephen Morse's
“Creating One-Step Search Tools”. This lecture is specially
designed for societies or researchers with long lists of names as
a result of a specific project, cemetery research or records collections.
No previous knowledge of programming is required.
Most of your Society's Website, Marketing and PR Activities
Specially design for genealogical societies interested in publicize
their activities, project, newsletters and all the information about
them, as well as use the Internet to interact with members and interested
people. Learn how to build and optimize your website, how and were
to market it to get the best results and the exposure your society